kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

as far as being social...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Uromastyx Forum ]

Posted by lytnin on May 04, 2003 at 04:46:40:

In Reply to: looking for a first lizard posted by lytnin on May 04, 2003 at 04:42:23:

I have a female and male uro that live together, but not everyone has good luck keeping two together...even less luck with keeping two beardies together...If you decide to try to house two lizards together, you should always have an alternative enclosure handy, in case one starts being agressive towards the other...Oh, and a good caresheet for Uros can be found at Deerfernfarms.com
Just a little P.S. :)
Julie

:I don't know what your definition of "first lizard" is...these lizards require LOTS of care and $$ and if anyone tells you different at the Pet Store then they don't know what they are talking about. My two uros don't like to be held that much, but actually my male Uro will sleep with me....My baby bearded dragon will let me hold him.
:I would reccomend either a uro or a beardie..just b/c these are my favorites....both of them require a lot of commitment and care, but they are soooo worth it.
:Neither one of these lizards are "low maitanance," if that is what you are looking for...I would suggest you read up on the different caresheets and see what is involved in the care of each lizard before you decide...it is a big decision, but one that will payoff really big rewards if you treat the animal right!!
:Good Luck!!!
:Julie

:
::hi im looking to get my first lizard and im wondering if these guys make good first lizards.
::any opinions you guys could give me would be helpful and i was wondering if they were social cause i would like to get 2 so the other would have a buddy while im at school

::
::thanx so much
::Andy

:
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Uromastyx Forum ]