kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

taveling with your uro or any lizard! i need some help

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Uromastyx Forum ]

Posted by lytnin on May 01, 2003 at 23:12:05:

In Reply to: taveling with your uro or any lizard! i need some help posted by fruitionx on May 01, 2003 at 18:46:26:

I really wouldn't think that it would matter if they did notice. It will not affect their hotel room in any way, plus the lady who cleans your room will probably not even tell b/c she doesn't care, unless she is scared of it. Really, I don't think that a hotel would mind, but perhaps you should post and ask how people handle this situation when attending shows and whether or not the hotel has a problem with it. I would think that something like this would be your business and not a concern of the hotel b/c it will not effect them in any way...but maybe you should ask first, just for piece of mind...
Julie

:yeah that helps but how do you just not tell the hotel? i mean when they clean won't they notice?

::I have traveled with my uros quite a few times. Usually I go home for the weekend and I don't have to worry about hotel rooms accepting pets, but I would think that you wouldn't have to tell them that you had a uro with you at a hotel. It's not like they are going to mess up the carpets or sleep in the beds or chew the furniture...instead of going through the hassle of asking who allows reptiles, I would just take them. What I normally do to travel with my uros is, I put them in smaller plastic reptile carriers (like the kind that come from the pet store with the colored lids) and put a towel in there with them. They usually burrow under the towel and then I put them in the car. I take an aquarium for them, but I don't keep them in it on the ride over. I have found that they feel more secure if kept in small places hidden rather than being in their big enclosures that are for some odd reason to them, not in your room anymore! Later when you arrive at the hotel...take them out, turn the heat on them, cover their cages and leave them alone.
::I use this method when I go home for Christmas to visit my parents(still in college) and I haven't had any problems with it so far. They are kinda skittish at first but soon they figure out its gonna be ok!
::Hope this helps!!
::Julie

::
:::hi i am goign away for a little over a month in the summer and don't want to leave my uro home with someone who is a little scared of them :) . So i was wondering if anyone has traveled with their lizard? if so can you give me some suggestions, how to find a place to accept a reptile or any stories thanks!!! By the way i am going to Vermont is anyone knows of a place there!
:::THANK YOU!
:::lauren

:
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Uromastyx Forum ]