kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Can a virus save Frogs from fungal disease? . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Ringneck Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

SHES STILL ALIVE BUT............

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Uromastyx Forum ]

Posted by Lauri on May 01, 2003 at 06:04:02:

Okay, I have done everything I know and everything that all you guys have suggested and she has managed to still be alive today. But, I have to get her to eat, I came to the conclusion that parasites were the cause of her not pooping (not impactation), with the help of fluids and baths, liquid calcuim and baby food she started pooping enough to know that it wasn't impactation but the parasites (which was medicated) that was making her so sick. Problem now is that she is so weak now that she wont eat and I don't seem to be getting enough in her to make her any better. Everyday I give her pedialyte (as much as she will take from a syringe) do the same with baby food. Just the other day though I found a emergecy kit for malnouished and dehydrated reptiles, its suppose to give them what it takes to get them back up, the maker of the product is Fluker Farms, does anyone know anything about this product? Please let me know if you do and please please let me know anymore suggestions on getting her better. Remember in my last message I was just about ready to give up because I just couldn't stand to see her suffer, I hung in there and somedays it just breaks my heart to see her not feeling well, but I am not willing to give up until I have exhausted all resources and possibilities, and then I hope I really don't have to make that decision to put her down, that she will make it for me. So keep them coming I'm not giving up and I know everyone of you that use this forum have big hearts for these animals like I do.
And to everyone that has written in lately and had to watch and see their uro dieing my heart goes out to you. (There does seem to be alot of postings lately of problems with uros and them dieing). Thanks again so much for everyones help, I need more though.

Lauri

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Uromastyx Forum ]