kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Hi!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Uromastyx Forum ]

Posted by lytnin on May 01, 2003 at 02:07:38:

In Reply to: Hi! posted by kg on April 29, 2003 at 22:00:31:

Welcome! The Deerfern Farm caresheet is pretty good, but if you would like to look at another you could go to Urotopia.com...they have some there as well. As far as how much a hatchling goes for it depends on where you get it from. Unless you know of a good reptile shop in your hometown then I would suggest ordering from a breeder. This can be more expensive, but in the long run, probably a better decision b/c they are more healthy and well taken care of...baby uros are very fragile and need the proper care from the beginning.
I would say anything from about $60-$125...depending on what breed you are getting. Most reptile shops carry Mali Uros...and I would suggest beginning with one of these. I have two and they are great!! I got my two from a local place, but I made sure to ask a lot of questions about how they took care of their animals and I came back a couple of times and looked at the condiditon of all of their animals to see how repitible they were.
Sorry so long, hope this helps some!!
Julie

:Hi, I'm new to this board. Well I don't have a uromastyx, but my non-herper friend is getting one. Can someone point me out to some good care sheets other than the deer fern farm one? Thanks. Oh, and the average price for a hatchling or juvenile mail uromastyx would be nice too =) Thank you!

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Uromastyx Forum ]