kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Have another sick uro :(

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Uromastyx Forum ]

Posted by MidnightFalcon on April 30, 2003 at 16:28:19:

In Reply to: Have another sick uro :( posted by Ren21bo on April 29, 2003 at 17:35:16:

Nice to know he's doing better, so many people talking about their uros dying.. and I was only gone for about four days. All four of my Guinea Pigs died, I still don't know why. I know it was something to do with guinea pigs, because everything is okay now, and hopefully will stay okay.

:Well...Suzie's partner in crime Clark has been sick lately. Starting about friday he didn't come out to bask, didn't eat, and didn't seem himself. I watched him over the weekend, did a few soaks, and altho he was alert, just wasn't himself. So yesterday I took him to the vet and she was puzzled. We got an xray and would you believe that some piece of food (we think) was lodged in his intestines?? It wasn't impaction, just a piece of food that apparantly was not cut quite small enough. (shame on me :()

:so we had 2 options....give him fluids (the vet) and me try to give him some baby food to soften whatever it was in there. Option 2..surgery. Either one was a huge risk. Beings he was pretty perky still, I opted for the first option.

:Today he seemed a bit better, altho still not eating and not basking, but definately had a little more energy. Back to the vet I go to have yet another xray. All that was clogged looked clear, however he hasn't gone to the bathroom yet and not totally out of the woods. She gave him another round of fluid and me another round of baby food. Keep your fingers crossed for me that he passes this thing and gets well!!

:So the moral of my story is one...you just never know what on earth can be going on inside...always get them to a vet ASAP! and lesson 2, always make sure you can afford any vet bills that may arise before purchasing any pet. Cost me over $200 for these 2 visits! Thankfully I was able to pay them!

:Just thought I'd update you.

:Renee

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Uromastyx Forum ]