kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

My malis stomach seems inflated??

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Uromastyx Forum ]

Posted by msmmarie on April 29, 2003 at 21:26:35:

In Reply to: My malis stomach seems inflated?? posted by Karu on April 29, 2003 at 19:35:30:

when i first got mira, she had not been handled very much and was very scared about being picked up (i'm sure the sensation of moving up in air like that to be held can be something to get used to) the first few times i picked her up she had 'accidents' too but i talked to her all the time while she was in her cage and fed her by hand and even picked her up in her cage (without taking her all the way out) and after awhile i could pick her up no problems -- to this day though if she is stressed or uncomfortable or mad she will blow her belly up with air (i'm assuming in the wild this makes them look bigger and more intimidating) but the 'accidents' thing i think is a sign of greater stress than blowing their belly up but she has done both so maybe you just need some more time and littler steps to get her used to it =) molly

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Uromastyx Forum ]