kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

?'s

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Uromastyx Forum ]

Posted by lytnin on April 29, 2003 at 02:40:28:

In Reply to: ?'s posted by saint alphonzo on April 28, 2003 at 22:56:02:

The picture posted above is most-likely of a male mali as they are black with yellow patterns and females are tan and brown.
Also, while your Uro will probably not become aggressive if you introduce a female, it is my experience that they will obviously become less interested in your company.
I had a very "challanging" male and I decided to get him a girlfriend. I introduced a very docile and sweet female. Now the male has calmed down quite a bit and the female is kinda jittery--not aggressive, but neither really wants to be held and would rather just hang out in their enclosure with each other.
Hope this helps!
Julie

::okay im going to say this much my sister is the reptile keeper at Wild Adventures she is the one who got me hooked so i was just wondering if there was a way to have inrich meant in his cage besides rocks and wood
::sara
:Sara,
:your Uro does not need to play.
:The suggestions of Sadenna are excellent. Keep your Uro curious and alert.
:When he has a terrarium with perfect temperature, humidity, etc, where he can hide himself when he wants and where het gets the right food and some attention, than you will see a happy Uro.

:When you place him together with a female, he normally will not become agressive .

:Greetings from the Netherlands
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Uromastyx Forum ]