kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Take him to the vet!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Uromastyx Forum ]

Posted by lytnin on April 29, 2003 at 02:34:31:

In Reply to: Signs of dying question : ( posted by peanutbuttermdc on April 28, 2003 at 18:17:41:

These are definately sure signs of being very, very ill. Try to force feed with a syringe, but (non-vet opinion) it really sounds like it is passed that remedy. He most likely needs severe medical attention.
Did you buy him like this? The reason I am asking is because it sounds like this is a problem that has been going on for a while.
This same thing happend with my first Uro. I bought her from a pet store, not knowing any better, and she came home with parasites. I let her go on too long w/o eating b/c I thought that she was just acclimating and it got really bad and she didn't make it. I took her to two vets b/c the first one didn't know what they were doing. And she was too young and weak to make it....I know this is a really hard thing to go through...
My advice: Take him to a vet with a good reputation and one with experience with Uromasytx immediately!
Hope all works out for you!
Julie

:I was just curious as to the signs of a Uro dying. I just bought a pair of Nigerians and the male looks worse and worse everyday. He's only eaten twice in 5 days. He is extremely thin; to the point where you can see all his bones. His tail is also very very thin. I have tried everything to get him to eat, but he simply won't. I know it takes time for acclimation, but he just doesn't seem to have any energy to even move. You can pick him up and put him anywhere and he'll just shut his eyes. He also sleeps/naps out in the open. He will sleep in a cave if you guide him into it. I am really worried and don't know what to do. Any advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

:-Marcie

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Uromastyx Forum ]