kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: No longer lurking

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Texas Herp News Forum ]

Posted by LittleLizard on September 14, 2002 at 12:30:39:

In Reply to: Re: No longer lurking posted by chris_mcmartin on September 14, 2002 at 11:02:26:

:: Can somebody explain to me at what point you need a Texas non-game license?

:The point at which you start LOOKING for animals, let alone actually CATCH any ("hunt" is defined to include capture, or intend to capture as I recall). Consult the regs (which are changing soon to be less restrictive):

:Texas Parks and Wildlife Nongame Regulations

:Can be a little dry as reading material goes.

::I would like to collect some Coleonyx brevis for a small breeding group - if anybody could give me any clues as to where to look, I would greatly appreciate.

:So would I! Are you following me around on these forums? :) (I responded to you in the Alterna forum)

:: I will be heading down towards Laredo soon. Anybody willing to give me some clues for herping possiblities.

:I was down there a few weeks ago on a tip that the local dump was a hot spot. After persuading them to let me in (needed to show driver's license and hunting license--typically the dump is open only to Laredo residents), I searched the brush piles and found only one TX earless lizard.

:Chris
:
Hey Chris,
I swear I'm not a stalker!!!
I guess we just have similar interests.
And as for the regs, dry reading is putting it mildly.
Just returned from the reptile expo in Arlington.
I decided to tortue myself by purchasing a hatchling longnose snake. Of course the vendor swore that the hatchling had taken a pinky head once and a mouse tail another time. We'll see...

Thanks again Chris... I have to go the other forums to answer your other replies to me... lol

LittleLizard
aka Bill

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Texas Herp News Forum ]