kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: A few more ?'s :-)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Texas Herp News Forum ]

Posted by USFW on July 04, 2002 at 13:57:27:

In Reply to: A few more ?'s :-) posted by K.A. on July 02, 2002 at 18:06:19:

Who were you calling Chris? Was it McMartin
or BIG SCOTT.

: : First of all I think it is much more wise and responsible to teach children where to walk and look for snakes .

: Like I said earlier, we live behind a greenbelt. I often let my boys, aged 13 and 8 play back there. They know to stay away from dried flood debris adn I tell them to watch where they step, especially when going through the brush and crossing the creek. Am I missing anything?

: :Secondly contact all your local hospitals and make sur they carry Cotton Mouth Anti-vennin as all hospitals do not carry it.Knowing which hospitals to go to can drastically improve your chances of a full recovery.

: That's a wonderful idea I never thought of. I just assumed they would have it. My grandmother said she saw on the news earlier this summer that there was a shortage of rattlesnake anti-venom. Does anyone know anything about that?

: Thanks for all the info, especially the stats. It's nice to know that they are not so bad.

: If I find one that looks like it's staying put, I'll call you Chris. ;-)

: You guys are very helpful. I've been wondering about what to do about the snakes for a while. I don't know why I didn't think to write before!

:
: Also, what about snake repellant? My grandmother has some, but the package says that it doesn't work with water moccasins. Kind of defeats the purpose for me. I don't mind the harmless ones. They're kind of cute.

: Am I remembering correctly that the big rat or chicken snakes (that's what we always called them) eat venomous snakes? 2 years ago we found about a 5' snake skin in the yard, but haven't seen any sign of him since. Those might be handy to have around. My friend has a farm where they can be a nuisance. I always wondered if I could take one off her hands and put it in the yard. Just curious!

: Kelly

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Texas Herp News Forum ]