kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: The Law, Do's and Don'ts

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Texas Herp News Forum ]

Posted by Chris McMartin on June 28, 2002 at 07:22:40:

In Reply to: The Law, Do's and Don'ts posted by Shane on June 27, 2002 at 22:31:30:

: Is it pretty clear cut what you can and can't do as far as road cruising and shining the cuts are concerned.

Well, the Dept of Parks-n-Wildlife may think it's clear-cut, but it's not quite as clear-cut as they'd think.
From what I gather, you can park your car off the roadway and WALK down a road, but you can't appear to be hunting FROM the road (driving slowly and stopping frequently). You can hunt from the road on private property (how many landowners have a network of suitable roads on their property?) with the landowner's permission.

:If there is a website that amplifies this question I would appreciate the link.

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/hunt/regs/02_regs/summary.htm

It doesn't cover EVERYTHING, though.

:I know the obvious no tresspassing or collecting protected animals, how about the Big Bend region, if I am caught with a snake there (not captured there), must I release it if pulled over by a warden within park boundaries??

The safest bet is to not bring any snakes INTO the park. It's asking for trouble. The next-safest would be to check in at the ranger station immediately when you arrive and let them see the snakes you have and get something on paper with them acknowledging that fact. I would probably plan on visiting the park first thing on my trip, to avoid the issue altogether.

Chris

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Texas Herp News Forum ]