[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Texas Herp News Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by jeff adams on April 16, 2000 at 22:23:05:

I would like to bring to everyone's attention that there is some new legislation being proposed
HR 701 According to Congresswoman Helen Page, this bill would give more power to the federal government to expand on the Endangered Species Act. I do not have all the details but this bill would take 3 Billion Dollars from the general tax fund, no doubt leaving the general fund short.
The federal government would make this money available to states with matching funds to expand the laws to however they see fit & not necessarily to protect endangered species. This new law has very little limitations & could include such common things as rabbits or anole's. This same money could be given to organizations such as the Sierra Club with no matching fund requirement under this proposition & private organizations do not have to submit any records & would not be audited, this would allow for mass corruption.
There is currently more than 200 co sponsors of this bill with enough support to clear the senate the only hope to stop such a reticules bill lies with the House of Representatives, I urge everyone to contact their congressman. A good place to start is with is with two Texas congressmen Dick Army & Tom Delay, they both oppose such legislation & are hearing comments.
We must band together to stop the encroachment on our rights, before they are all gone.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Texas Herp News Forum ] [ FAQ ]