kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Thanks ALOT Daisy!!! n/p.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Turtle Forum ]

Posted by BarryL on May 18, 2003 at 19:29:24:

In Reply to: For Maxx McLeod and other Fly River Turtle Keepers....Help!! posted by daisy on May 18, 2003 at 14:07:17:

:I expect with all that in tank you can hardly tell if they ate something or not. You may be surprised to find that they have eaten enough but you just haven't noticed. Our FRT leaves food floating around all day and then eats it later if he is not hungry at the time of feeding. We use floating pellets (every day), which he loves (must be below 25% protein to avoid shell deformation - see earlier post from Maxx on that subject) and have found that the only fruits he will eat are kiwi and fig - occasionally (every 2-3 days). He doesn't eat strawberry, grapes or apple! I suppose they all have individual tastes though.

:Our one certainly doesn't eat more than the size of his head everyday so I would suggest you don't put much more food in than that and you might see some of it gone after a while.

:On a general note, I think a 10 gallon tank sounds a bit small for two together and having it all open may make them uneasy. They also might like it better if you put something in the tank for them to hide behind when they are feeling shy.

:I'm certainly not a pro when it comes to this so I would see what Maxx has to suggest on the subject too.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Turtle Forum ]