kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: sick fly river turtles..

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Turtle Forum ]

Posted by Flavia Guimaraes on April 16, 2003 at 01:17:31:

In Reply to: sick fly river turtles.. posted by snake125 on April 14, 2003 at 23:29:11:

If your turtles have white fungus you must treat them immediately because fungus can kill a baby turtle in one week.If they are not eating and look lethargic perhaps its too late but you should try to save them.

I bought several FRTS with fungus one year ago and they are doing great.But i treated them with Betadine.If your turtles have fungus and you want to try my treatment, you can take your turtles out of the water,dry their shells and put, with a cotton bud, Betadine ointment on the fungus. ONLY on the fungus because Betadine is toxic (iodine) and can kill your turtle if you put too much!Leave the turtle inside a dark box for one hour and after put it back into the water.I think 10 days of treatment will be enough.After that you put your turtles in separated tanks because pignoseds are very aggressive and they will bite each others shell and the bites will cause new shell problems because they will become infected.
Thats what i did with my turtles and any of them died.But i suggest you to take your babies to a vet.BUT do it fast because as i said fungus can kill a turtle in one week!
#################################################################
:Hello I recently purchased two baby fly river turtles. I just recently noticed about two days ago they had some white spots both of them. So I immediately cleaned the whole tank out and put brand new water in, and I noticed it has gotten worse. Is there anything I can do? I am really worried about them, they also aren't eating alot, and one of them I haven't seen it eat at all. I am wondering what other options for food I could try? Right now i try to feed them lettuce, mango, apple, bannana, and grapes. I only noticed one of them picking at some of the lettuce, so i am thinking is there anything else I could try. please share any info and knowleg you have on the subject.

:Ryan

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Turtle Forum ]