kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Outside Pond for Spotteds

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Turtle Forum ]

Posted by nathana on April 09, 2003 at 09:17:07:

In Reply to: Re: Outside Pond for Spotteds posted by yonkers on April 09, 2003 at 07:43:48:

I was going to post about using a liner instead, and for exactly the same reason as the previous poster.

For spotteds, you can build and filter the pond just as you would with a koi pond, but make sure they have an easy slope get out of the pond. I'm working on plans for a new spotted pen myself, one that will be 16x16, half of which will be a pond that has three straight sides. The fourth side will be at the middle of the pen, and slope all the way down so it is a side and the bottom, and gently sloped the whole way.

With ANY pond, you want to make sure it's not filling with runoff water from the surrounding area, not just with treated wood walls as the other poster mentioned. I use treated wood for all my pens, but I will make sure they don't drain directly into the pond or water dish.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Turtle Forum ]