kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

couple things you may want to try

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The TSHS Forum ]

Posted by Todd Evans on March 24, 2002 at 23:45:45:

In Reply to: Is there any authority I can report this too posted by Jen on March 24, 2002 at 19:18:51:

Well, I know it MAY not help, but try forwarding the pictures (digital) to the higher ups at PetSmart. They may not give a care about the anoles themselve, but it DOES look bad for business.

Another thing is the LOCAL (not the HSUS, PLEASE) humane society. They may be able to at least tell you who to report it too.

Then contact a more local herp society (Lehigh, or North East Herp Societies, maybe even the Philly Herp Society) To see if they might have more information for you.

Another suggestion that needs to be approached with EXTREME caution is media attention. First off, you MUST be sure that they don't spin the issue to make raptile keeping bad in general. They have a habit of doing this (public opinion)

The only other thing I might try (not sure if anybody else had gone thie route) is the Better Business Bureau. They might log the complaint, enticing others to complain as well...I mean, it IS bad business, right?

Anyway, I hope all goes well, but from personal experience, I KNOW that PetSmart gets bottom of the line wild caught animals, as does PetCo. Just trying to get everybody to boycott buying ANY animals from PetSmart using this as an example, might get them to either stop carrying them all together, or get healthier ones.

My experience at PetSmart (Beaver County) was similar....we found a leopard gecko dead in the tank, reported it, went back about a half hour later, and it was still there.....the live ones were on their way out as well....thin, hardly any tail bulk to them, etc. They also had a chameleon in a GLASS enclosure....anybody that knows ANYTHING about chameleons knows that they are DEATHLY affraid of their one reflections.......

Anyway.....hope it works out for you.
Todd Evans
TSHS

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL: