kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Could you have a more pathetic show...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The TSHS Forum ]

Posted by Todd Evans on February 17, 2002 at 14:16:22:

In Reply to: Could you have a more pathetic show... posted by Zac on February 17, 2002 at 10:32:58:

The funny thing about your post Zac, is that I do not recall ONCE that you ever offered to help us in our endeavors. The shows are VERY difficult to put on, and help from the entire society is expected. The people that took on the reigns of this show, which has in fact become the society, have gone through lots of headaches, threats of legal action, and members criticizing our efforts. We get told that we talk about the show too much, well, this is our money maker, this is what enables us to do things. NOT one member besides the regular 10 or so have even lifted a tiny little finger to help out. Being a member of our society, did you bother to fill out Lisa's survey in the last newsletter. She only received 2 responses, yes, 2.......one from Fred, and one from Heather, a member that none of us had even met. Her main point was that she loves the shows. If you're going to stand in the shadows and expect the society to do better things or improve, then maybe you can make it a point to attend a meeting, or talk to an officer privately before spouting off in a public forum. You think you're helping the reptile situation by voicing yourself like this? And in fact, that was OUR black pakistan cobra you refered to, and to tell you honestly, most vendors that were interested in it would tap on the container to see how it hoods.....if it didn't THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH IT. Vendors leaving tables, I guess you didn't notice the vendor sitting next to their table watching their stuff for them. I just can't read your post without getting so frustrated by members that have the nerve to criticize and belittle our efforts while they sit back and want everyone else to do the work.

We had vendors BACK OUT....they reserved tables and for some reason decided that they weren't going to show up.....that was not our fault, and to make it up to everybody, we made the vendor tables ON THE HOUSE....what other show does that?........you want to compare us to monroeville or comlubus, but we're only 1 year old......we can't afford to follow suit with what they do due to the fact that we may only bring in the vendors we had at this show. Maybe like I said earlier some of our other non-active members would get off their asses and put some of their effort into even just telling us what they would like to see. I just cannot believe that you would be so quick to criticize something that you could've been a part of. I could expect it from a non-member customer, but a member......come on now....you might as well have never been one.

Todd Evans
Beyond Utopia Serpentarium

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The TSHS Forum ]