kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Next week's meeting and other stuff.....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The TSHS Forum ]

Posted by Todd Evans on February 07, 2002 at 10:09:16:

Hello all,

It's almost meeting time again. Upon finding out that the Nuin center will not be available to us, George has volunteered our apartment as the meeting site for Feb. 13 meeting.

On the agenda will be discussion about the website (if only between myself and Chris) I would like feedback from EVERYBODY in the society. Some people have voiced their disapproval with me removing the animal of the month page, but you know what, I only got pictures from 2 members besided myself. Just as the problems that Lisa runs into with the newsletter, lack of participation is at an all time high.

Which leads me to the next topic of discussion. THE REPTILE SHOW. this will be our 5th show, 1st of this year. The reptile shows are now our number 1 fundraiser, Yet we still are only receiving limited help in planning them and working them. I apprecaite all the work that Steve puts into it, and am happy to sit at the door for 6 hours so that he doesn't have to. We need more display animals, I know george and I are running out of ideas on what to bring, and I'm sure Steve is as well. We need all the help we can get on Saturday the 16th. Even just showing up and buying something from a vendor helps out more than you may think.

The third thing I think we should discuss is the API....I'm not sure how many of you have been keeping up with the stories in South Carolina and Washington, but the Animal Protection Institute is on a rampage to stop all ownership of exotic animals. I have been e-mailing the API for the past 2 weeks to try to convince somebody that their view are greatly distorted and that their law will never be passed. So what does that have to do with us? SC and WA have the same legal system in place that PA has. It's only a matter of time before the API looks in our direction. WE MUST BE PREPARED, or we'll lose everything. While the ban has really no chance of being passed, this will get legisators looking for a more appropriate approach. I personally do not see anything wrong with the system that Florida has in place, and I believe that the state government would embrace such a plan. If WE work hard at this, we may be able to draft the law for the state. If we can pull this off, then all threats we've received in the past would disappear. I truly think that we can make a difference in Pennsylvania, and maybe show the rest of the country how important a local herp society can be.

Anyway, I hope ALL of you show up on Wednesday....e-mail me for directions.

Thanks,
Todd

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The TSHS Forum ]