kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Reintroduced Siamese Crocodile exhibits first time nesting . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: why not a RETF for a beginner?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tree Frog Forum ]

Posted by redwards99 on May 08, 2003 at 20:35:01:

In Reply to: Re: why not a RETF for a beginner? posted by markc on April 19, 2003 at 09:27:27:

:why do you want a treefrog? to watch during the day? to scare your family/friends? redeyes look cool?
:redeyes are nocturnal and very secretive. not very hardy. slow movers. the setup is different. some people have success, but most don't. why risk an expensive frog for your first if you don't know if something is wrong. get a white's first. then after 6 months or so with no problems, setup another tanks for a redeye after doing your research. then buy a redeye.

I want a redeye 'cause they look cool...they are the most
beautiful frog (IMO) including poison arrow frogs. I don't
care if they are inactive during the day, so am I...it's called
work :). I don't expect an animal to perform (when I had an
Everglades Rat Snake, my friends used to get pissed because I
would invite them over to see it devour a mouse, but I kept it
to the feeding schedule that was best for the snake - they got
pissed because they wanted to see it more often.) I plan on
having a very heavily planted tank, and for me that is a bonus,
cause you have to see the frog on its terms, not on yours, and
when you do get to see it, it's a special treat. Then again,
I am the guy who spent over half an hour trying to catch a
glimpse of one of the poison arrow frogs at the National
Aquarium in Baltimore...judge accordingly.

Okay, I'm just rambling now :)

-Robert

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Tree Frog Forum ]