kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Blue phased GTF--anyone have pics to share?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tree Frog Forum ]

Posted by janmarie on April 11, 2003 at 14:23:17:

I recently picked up a very healthy GTF at a privately owned Pet store that specializes in Herps. They had had someone turn the GTF in as they could no longer care for it. They had much discussion over what kind of frog it was. They all knew it had to be a GTF but they were very confused at it's blue coloring and her size. She is 2.5 inches long.

Now, I go in there a lot and for the most part have more knowledge than they do when it comes to treefrogs in particular. I actually played dumb this time....and said that it was just a stressed GTF. But, it is definitely a blue phased GTF. The size was not at all suprizing to me(I have two GTF Females that are just about 2.75"and 2.5" long respectively.)

The store was not very excited about keeping her(Because she was taking up one ot their 20 gallon tanks), so I bought her for $6. I happily went home with my new prize.

I love this little Lady! So Cute! Changes from a light aqua deep teal. I will get some pictures to post soon.

If anyone else has some Blue phased GTF i'd like to hear about them and see your pictures of them.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Tree Frog Forum ]