mobile - desktop
3 months for $50.00
News & Events:
Posted by itsmearyn on April 01, 2003 at 13:16:14:
i have had my eye on some green tree frogs (hyla cinerea) at my local pet store for some time. i have researched them on the internet, and looked thru old topics in the forum here, but i have found some conflicting information.
1. the people at the pet store have the poor gtf's in an enclosure with some very large (in comparison to the young frogs) anoles.. this is NOT a good thing, right?
2. i have seen here that the frogs should use the water bowl to sit in, etc.. but the ones at the store are only sprayed and never use the water bowl.. my opinion is that they are too scared to come down with the large, fast anoles all around. they SHOULD be sitting in the water?
3. i have read that young gtf's should be kept in a bare cage.. with just paper towels and a stick, along with the water bowl.. is this true?
4. the gtf's at the store have reptile bark in their enclosure. not only have i seen here that this is not recommended, but common sense also tells me that they could swallow some of the sharp bark pieces.. it seems almost all the info i received from the pet store employees is wrong.. the store that i go to has an extensive amount of reptiles and amphibians, so their lack of knowledge is surprising.. is this common?
5. should the frogs change color? i have seen them at a bright green, and also at a very dark brown.
i appreciate any info you all have. :)