kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: My ATB's are breeding! Is it normal for them to hook up

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tree Boa Forum ]

Posted by The Dark Grove on October 14, 2002 at 00:58:53:

In Reply to: My ATB's are breeding! Is it normal for them to hook up now? posted by Frank Kincade on October 13, 2002 at 16:07:38:

:I had my two Amazon Tree Boas separated for a few months and I was cleaning enclosures yesterday so I put the Male into the Females arboreal glass tank and within a few minutes I noticed them tail wrapping. They have been at it consistently as I have checked on them a few more times and noticed them in a wrap. They have separated and then gone back again. I guess my questions are (as I am used to pythons) do the boas need to be cycled for them to get gravid? Is it normal for them to start mating activity now? I will go out and do my research for proper temperature/humidity/food activity during the breeding period but just thought I would check with you guys too. Thanks for any advise/help. Here is the female just before she shed last week

:

:and here is the NERD proven male:

:

:Frank.

Hello Frank,

ATB's do not need to be cycled from my experiences. it seems that a male will just about go after a female whenever one is ready to mate. I've had couplings ranging from May to Feb. with litters born all over the calendar. From that I've just concluded that they reproduce when they are able. You might look for Henderson's new book on Amazon Tree boas, it's the latest and most complete book I've ever heard of. If you need additional info you can visit my site at www.thedarkgrove.com or stop in at the other site I visit besides Kingsnake.com which is www.corallus.com

everybody is easy to get along with.

Take care

Ralph

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Tree Boa Forum ]