kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

is this normal

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tree Boa Forum ]

Posted by philip_sallee on April 26, 2003 at 09:43:56:

In Reply to: is this normal posted by socerpro31 on April 25, 2003 at 19:42:42:

It can be alot of reason, first what are the temps? If its to hot they will soak to try to cool off, the basking area needs to be in the mid 90's, the warm end needs to be about 85, and the floor/cool end, needs to be aboult 75-80. A good digtal min/max thermometer at walmart for 15 bucks will make your life alot easer! Also whats the humidity? Amazons like to stay at about 70-75%, and that could possibly be the reason, but I never had one soak for that reason. One more thing, is he about to shed? They will do that sometimes when they are about to shed, if you don't all ready know look for flaky scales, color dooling and blue eyes. Also how big of a water bowl are you using? The filter might be a little over kill, but a very good idea any how, I use small dog/cat watter bowls for my amazons. Also just a little tip, I try to put the bowl up in the "limbs" I made a little hide away box on top of the cage for my female amazon and have her water bowl on top, she seems to prefer having it up there. Well hope this helps.
Take care,
Philip

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Tree Boa Forum ]