kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Ralph Chapman - GOOD...more

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tree Boa Forum ]

Posted by Paul Edwards on March 31, 2003 at 06:50:19:

Hi all,
I just wanted to say a good word about someone who keeeps their promises. Last summer I sold an adult male red amazon I produced in 1994, along with all of my other amazons, emeralds & chondro's. People were lining up at my door to buy it at that price (I should have started higher I guess, LOL). Ralph sent me a message that he wanted it too. I told him that I already had a bunch of folks who wanted it at that price, so he decided to sweeten the deal by promissing me I could have a baby from his next litteer of reds, and I could have first pick ! I thought "ya right, like I will hear from him again". I decided to sell it to him because he seemed to want it more than anybody else, that was obvious. Well a few months ago, I get an e-mail showing me all of the babies he just had, and telling me to take my pick ! I couldn't believe it. I got the first pick from the litter of reds that suitcat just posted a pic from (although his seems a bit more red than mine - is it live suitcat, or is it memorex ?)- I'd really like to know if his is as red as that or more orangish in person - mine is actually more orangish. It's number was 02-34. It is a solid "red" animal though with no markings what-so-ever. It's beautiful, shed last night, and is taking large furries without hesitation (did you hear that Ralph - FURRIES - not pinks !!!).
Just can't seem to keep these guys out of my collection. I don't know what I'm going to do with it exactly, as it is the only amazon in my collection. I do miss my arboreals though!
Thanks again Ralph for your honesty and it's a beautiful animal.
If the pic doesn't show up, I'll try posting it again.
Paul Edwards

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Tree Boa Forum ]