kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: atb question...please respond

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tree Boa Forum ]

Posted by boaboy13 on March 02, 2003 at 18:42:38:

In Reply to: atb question...please respond posted by tom88 on March 02, 2003 at 00:59:28:

Hey,
ATB are not fully abroil (sp?) fact is they only spend about 75% of there time in the branchs. Try moveing the lamp over to one of the branchs. I also put a hide box in the upper parts of the cage, and my female ATB spends more time in the branchs, since yours is a baby, you could use some a bird nest you buy at pet stores for fenchs and other small birds. And make sure you have the temps right, if its to hot they will seek out the lower part of the cage, the upper air needs to be around 80-85, and a basking spot of about 90-95, the floor of the cage needs to be able to get to about 75-78 degs. Also it helps to add alot of fake vines and plants, it makes the cage look better and gives the snake more places to hide, plus they drink off of them when you mist them. Last but not lest, what are you useing for branchs? I use grape vine that i pull out of the woods and bake it to kill the parasites, and use screws to put it in place, i then cut the sharp end off and back the screw back out. This way there is no risk of the snake cuting its selth, Well good luck!
Feel free to e-mail me if you need more help!
Philip

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Tree Boa Forum ]