kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Corallus hybrid (before slough (pic2))

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tree Boa Forum ]

Posted by Warren_Booth on February 15, 2003 at 11:44:57:

In Reply to: Re: Corallus hybrid (before slough (pic2)) posted by boaboy13 on February 15, 2003 at 11:26:33:

Hi,
To start with it isn't a regular amazon. It is a hybrid produced from an emerald female bred to an amazon male. The female was collected from the wild and found to be gravid, and as a result she was kept by my good friends Richard Till and Don Keseric. Once the female dropped her babies they realised that she had mated with both an emerald male and an amazon male as both emeralds and hybrids were in the litter. Of the 4 hybrids produced 3 died of yolk stalk complications and a few of the emerald siblings also were still born. This remaining hybrid was destined for me as soon as they dropped them so I am the only one with hybrids from this line. I also have a sibling of it coming. It is very like an emerald but the neck and a large number of the scales are very black, the head is more like an amazon, the ventral surface is pure bright white and the white laterals and drip marks are yellowish. Another hybrid, who knows but we will soon see. Thanks for the interest.
Regards,

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Tree Boa Forum ]