kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

atb humidity

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tree Boa Forum ]

Posted by donk142 on February 12, 2003 at 23:22:24:

I was wondering exactly how to get the humidity levels where I need them to be. I am planning on buying an atb as soon as i get the setup exactly how i want it.. I have a 14x14x25" arboreal glass tank with a screen top, and a sliding screen front door. I have cypress mulch on top of aquarium gravel, a log to climb on, 2 live plants, a water bowl that covers about 3/4 of the bottom, an exo-terra fogger(drops fog from the top of the tank), an esu thermostat, connected to a zoo med 75 watt heat bulb, and a repti sun flourescent.

One of my problems is that when I turn on the fogger, my humidity is at my desired percentage of 85-90%. Once I turn it off it drops to 50-60% within 15 minutes. I was told that an atb's humidity should never drop below 70%. I need the temp to stay no lower than 75% and no higher than 85%. I am also trying to conserve the water that I use for the fogger. I turn the fogger on and within 20 minutes the water has been dripped out. so I constructed a little house for the fogger to work inside, keeping the drips in the same container (which only saves about 10 more minutes). I honestly think that my humidity guage and thermometer are waaay off. My substrate is drenched, my plants are soaked, and I have a huuge water bowl on the bottom. So why does my humidity drop so fast; and how do I maintain my humidity without drenching the substrate? Would a U.T.H. work ok for ambient temps?? Thanks to anybody who can help...

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Tree Boa Forum ]