kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Reintroduced Siamese Crocodile exhibits first time nesting . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Help! Found red foot!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]

Posted by zab on May 04, 2003 at 11:00:47:

In Reply to: Help! Found red foot! posted by Boxiebreeder on May 04, 2003 at 01:22:03:

Someone must have lost his pet. Please make an honest effort to reunite the tortoise with it's owner before you decide to keep it. I know how I would feel if I lost a tortoise.

::
::My neighbor found a red foot in the middle of the road so I now have him. It has been two days now and he really doesnt seem to be eating much. I have given him Romaine lettuce, mustard greens, spinach leaves, carrot slivers, apple, grapes. Any other suggestions or is it just letting him get used to a new place? I currently have him in a 4 x 4 X-pen attached to a small crate with the door tied open with wood chips in it. He seems to like the crate. If I cant find his owner I would like to keep him. He is an adult male I believe. Will I eventyually be able to let him roam our securely fenced in yard? I am worried that he will forget where his "house" and food /water dishes are. BTW, we .live in Florida so I believe the climate should be fine for him with the rare exceptional cold night.

:Just try to cut out the spinach. And if you let him get used to your yard he will start eating. He just needs time to adjust. Florida is perhaps the best place in the us to keep red foots.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]