kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Parents gonna kill me....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]

Posted by katieb on May 02, 2003 at 14:43:06:

In Reply to: Parents gonna kill me.... posted by nathana on May 02, 2003 at 12:22:53:

They also sell lamp stands to hold hanging light fixtures for reptiles. I purchased one at Drs. Foster & Smith and feel much better (safer) about the heat light setup. There is a flat plate that sits under the tub or whatever the tortoise lives in, and the light hangs out over the enclosure.

:I nearly burnt down my house. I melted one of my favorite clocks too. Now I will NEVER have a light that generates heat that is note WIRED DOWN or hung from a sturdy hook in the cieling. It's just not worth losing your house over to be too lazy to do this. You can use a hammer and nail to pop a hole in the lip of the fixture and some coathanger wire to wire it right to the lid (or even a twist-tie), or put in plant hooks from the ceiling and tie off the cord of the light to them so it hangs to the right height above the cage.

:SO MUCH SAFER. Don't kill yourself or your family for just something as silly as being too lazy to secure the lamps safely! I never would have even thought of it, though, until it nearly happened to me.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]