kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Reintroduced Siamese Crocodile exhibits first time nesting . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

To oregonlizardlady

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]

Posted by oregonlizardlady on April 29, 2003 at 23:39:41:

In Reply to: To oregonlizardlady posted by wendi on April 29, 2003 at 20:42:20:

I don't think i was preaching anything. All i did was compliment someone on how nice there tort looked and got freaked out on. I thought the whole message bored was so people can shair there differant ways of taking care of torts? Inform others of what options of care are out there, And what has worked best for each person.

I never thought anyone would criticize trying to mimmic nature. No matter how unreal that is to some ppl it is very real for me. I wouldent have even ever got a sulcata if i dident have the land/vegitation to support its grazing needs.

I don't care what anyone says......slow growth is best for a sulcata. I have never seen or heard of a case of it back fireing. If anyone dosent beleve me ask sulcata station or turtle homes. Good luck to the ppl that try there best to recreate nature for there torts, and those of you who cant...Don't be mean to the people who havent given up.

:You might as well give up trying to preach a more natural diet. I gave up a long time ago. While there are some people on this forum who feed pellets, but also acknowledge the success of more natural methods of raising a sulcata, the majority seem to feel that it's preferable to obtain the fastest growth possible.
:It isn't so much that I care about the pellets, especially for those who have more than one tortoise, but it drives me wild how quickly we are criticized for trying, as well as we possibly can, to feed a more natural diet. Heaven knows my sulcata isn't perfect either, but it really bugs me that any time I would post something to contradict the "popular" belief, I would have my face ripped off.
:Well, good luck being odd man out. You must be made of sterner stuff. In any case, I agree with you, if that counts for anything.

:Wendi

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]