kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

STAND UP AND FIGHT... DON'T BE A SHEEP... huh? n/p

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]

Posted by EJ on April 16, 2003 at 09:14:08:

In Reply to: captive audiance exploitation posted by tortlemike on April 16, 2003 at 02:13:21:

:DON'T BE VICTIMIZED, LEARN TO RECOGNIZE THE MANIPULATION. corporate america is targeting individuals with deceptive marketing tactics. it's a well known fact that internet forums are a perfect place to advertise products to special interest groups. one well known example is a forum dedicated to older classic cars and the preservation of these relics. it's a place where people who own these cars can meet and share information on maintenance and repair of older vehicles. it's great for the enthusiastic guy trying to fix up his old car and make it run better to get helpful tips from others with the same interests. certain corporations view this as pinpoint marketing. they log on as a member and participate in discussions on preserving engines and paint jobs etc. when they feel they have established an exceptable level of credibility they start a subtle promotion of their products. John..."my car smokes a little when i accelerate on the highway. has anyone ever had this problem ?" Bill...."my car did that too. then i found this stuff called Engine Preserver. just add a can with your next oil change. you wont believe the difference ! "Tommy...."i tried it too, it really helped my tired engine. i also noticed an increase in horsepower." Steve....."gee, where can i get some of that stuff ?" John...."they have it on the shelf at MegalowMart, it's right next to that new car polish everyone is talking about." Chuck...."hey, does that new polish work very good on small scratches ?"Tommy.... "it sure does ! my car has never looked so good."
:you get the idea. it's the best kept secret in advertising. when you start to recognize the patterns you'll see just how widespread this phenomena has become. chat rooms and forums all over the web have become infected with this plague. innocent people unknowingly get involved in this propaganda and that's the fuel this corporate fire feeds upon. just thought you should know. by the way, does anyone know where to get some MAZURI tortoise diet ???????????????????????????????????????????????
:i hear it's made by PURINA !!!

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]