kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

You know you shouldn't let them out in the snow>>>>>

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]

Posted by tortusjack on April 13, 2003 at 10:59:51:

In Reply to: spring photos of Huey posted by palesarah on April 13, 2003 at 09:02:05:

>>>>>but I do, & others do, welcome to the "Sulcata snow team".
Your membership will be in the post ;)

Just ensure that you only let them out for a few mins on "sunny days" & PLEASE make sure they have somewhere to re-heat/bask themselves fast when returning them indoors.

Oh yes, watch out for the "yellow snow".....!!

graham(UK)

:after almost six months of snow, we finally had some nice spring weather a couple weekends ago and I decided to take Huey for a quick trip outdoors to get some fresh air, after all those months indoors. Don't be fooled by the snow on the ground, it was 70+ degrees that day. There was a bit of fresh green grass here and there, and I thought Huey would be interested in a bit of a graze. Oh, how wrong I was!

:Here he is, examining an acorn cap:
:

:attempting to eat a dried up oak leaf:
:

:eating some snow:
:

:and glaring at me when I tried to explain that, as a sulcata, he really wasn't meant to eat snow:
:

:The next day the temp dropped and the day after, it started snowing again. The snow is finally almost gone (again!) and we've got some nice warm days coming this week, hopefully I can take the little monkey out for some sun and green stuff soon.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]