kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

that's exactly my guess... n/p

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]

Posted by EJ on April 11, 2003 at 17:13:36:

In Reply to: Re: Vet posted by jackie lapradd on April 11, 2003 at 10:36:17:

:Was your Tortoise suffering from Septicemia?
:See if you can find the peperwork that you received from the Vet and let us know what the diagnosis and treatment protocol consisted of.
:Thanks
:Jackie

:

:
::I bought the tortoise sick. Thats the problem. I own many tortoises, but I bought this one from a reptile breeder whom I trusted, so I didnt bother to really look him over well before I purchased him. I just kinda left him alnoe for the rest of the day in his enclosure, figuring i would cause him more stress if I tried to socalize with him. The next day, I noticed when I picked him up, he was a little wet on the bottom and I looked. When I took him to the vet, he said it had been going on for awhile. I dont want anyone thinking I don't know how to take care of my babies!

::I know he was sick, I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with the stuff I gave him. I was a bit upset with the vet at first, I thought he would give me something to help feed him. He was weigh underweight when I bought him, buit once again I didn't think about his weight when I bought him. Now I know not to trust any breeder. I should do a through check first. But as before, now that I think about it, the vet really should have perscribed something besides b-12 and anti-biotics. He was that underweight. I also went to a different vet then normal, this one was closer and the weather was horrible at the time. But I guess I learned my lesson, go to the vet I trust and buy from a different breeder...

:
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]