kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

She may be ill, I would take her to a vet for a checkup. NM

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]

Posted by Tegan on April 04, 2003 at 14:15:51:

In Reply to: Re: Do you have dogs, cats or kids? NM posted by daniellecerese on April 04, 2003 at 10:58:12:

:::My Redfoot Tort (Daisy) is almost 2 years old. Everything has been normal until 2 days ago when we came home to find that she had pushed a log all the way across her tank. It seemed odd that she did that because that would have taken some strength. Then, my husband went to pick her up and she tucked in her shell and hissed. All that night she stayed tucked in and wouldn't come out. We finally got her to eat, but she only stuck her head out long enough to eat and then went right back in. Now, 2 days later, she is still not socializing anymore and she is keeping her head in. Can anyone help figure out what happend to her or why she is acting so strangely?? Any advice is greatly appreciated!!

:::Thank you,
:::Danielle

::Nope, no other pets or kids. Also, I forgot to mention that she has also been walking around with her head in her shell as well.
::

:
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]