kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - May 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - June 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

hm.....my golden greek is mr. (or mrs.) personality...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]

Posted by scarlettwildrose on October 06, 2002 at 11:16:57:

In Reply to: Re: Prospective Tort Owner Q\'s posted by DaviDC. on October 04, 2002 at 23:23:23:

I actually named him/her Sunny....for the absolutely sunny and outgoing personality.
Of course being a golden greek he/she is a import and it was more of a rescue (wet nose, kept in bad conditions) and we have spent a considerable amount of money getting him/her healthy...
Throughout giving oral medications, shots, nebulizer treatments, Sunny never lost his dear and special ways, he/she is the most gentle little tortoise, and its not due to being sick (actually much better now, but a ongoing battle). He/she never attempted to bite or hide, not even when poked and pulled on...the vet, who has seen a GREAT many tortoises, says Sunny is the nicest and friendliest tortoise he has ever seen, he can't get over his/her personality. Sunny also comes running whenever he/she sees one of us, and he/she can get quite fast...hehe. He/she also likes to climb up on stuff, which got her/him in trouble yesterday...found Sunny upside down..not far from under the heatlamp, scared the living ....! out of me....!!
I guess it all depends...i couldn't ask for a more delightful tortoise then the one i have, but Captive Bred is the way to go in any way, as it is very frusterating to treat a import...the parasites are easily taken care off, but there are other pathogens and problems that are incr. hard to detect and successfully treat, and yes we've been thru all available tests, have taken cultures and the whole nine yards...
Lucy

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]