kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: My pleasure but....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]

Posted by Jody on July 01, 2002 at 19:45:01:

In Reply to: My pleasure but.... posted by EJ on July 01, 2002 at 18:57:36:

: I don't know anything (or so I'm told) but what I do know is that everything grows at different rates (I think I can safely say that). Leopards as a general rule grow slower than most of the popularly available tortoises. Have you been monitoring its weight from the time you got it. The babies I usually hatch out average 1.5 to 2 inches at hatching. I've seen them as small as 1 inch at hatchling so that can be a factor.
: Needless to say I wouldn't worry about it. Just enjoy what development it has. Rate, both excellerated and decellerated is overrated. Seriously, I've got some that grow very slowly and some that are weeds regardless of the same care. If you are providing the heat, hydration and nutrition you got it covered and the rest will follow suit.
: Ed
: (at least, that's what I think)

:Thank You for Your quick response EJ! Received the little Leopard Jan. 29-weighed 1oz.,still had egg tooth.Started eating immediately.Unlike the many turtles and tortoises i have had and do still have,this one just doesn't seem to want to grow!He eats well,drinks well,and seems fine in every respect. At 6 months,i would expect at least a few ounces more in weight, but he remains tiny.My usual problem is just the opposite-fat turtles and tortoises.Just wait it out,right?Thank You,Jody

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]