kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: misinformed info here

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]

Posted by Lacy on June 27, 2002 at 20:49:31:

In Reply to: misinformed info here posted by nathan on June 27, 2002 at 08:47:22:

If you are a true Christian then you don't try to "force" your religion onto people. You explain it to them and pray that God will change their heart. True Christians will never disrespect any religion either (well, except for Satan worshipers maybe) they will only try to help them to what they believe in their hearts' is right. The only reason that a Christian would want you give your heart to Christ (which is what being a Christian is) is because we believe that, if you don't, you will NOT go to heaven, and I really believe you are a good person and would not like to see you perish because you were misinformed or just never heard the truth. I am a Christian. I believe in Christ and I'm not afraid to say it. You may shun me or be disapointed or maybe even dislike me now (I truly hope not, but Nathan, I will pray for you.
--Lacy

: DavidDC, this was an appeals court in California making this decision (which is proper). They are not BANNING the pledge, they are simply stating that as Eisenhower editted it for his own religion by adding "under god" to it, it became a violation of the constitution for it to be FORCED to be said, and for employees of the government to be FORCED to recite it, even if the children do not have to follow suit.

: This is the same as the court saying it's unconstitutional for your children to be forced to pray to Allah every morning. As a christian, you may not like that everyone isn't forced to acknowledge YOUR god every day, but as an athiest I am 100% behind this decision.

: And president Bush is vehemently OPPOSED to what this court has decided, as he is very much interested in pushing christianity of every American, wether they like it or not.

: That said, he's still been a fine president. If he would stop trying to force religion onto everyone, he'd be near perfect.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]