kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Reintroduced Siamese Crocodile exhibits first time nesting . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Need advice for my Russian Tort

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]

Posted by Meghan on June 25, 2002 at 22:06:45:

In Reply to: Re: Need advice for my Russian Tort posted by Tracy on June 25, 2002 at 21:58:05:

Oh not its ok dont feel too bad. When I got my first one almost 4 years ago I fed him the wrong things also. The 20 gallon is way too small for her so you should get a rubbermaid container about 50 gallons or bigger for inside. They are for about 15 dollars in a lowes or homedepot and other stores like those. Wow the outside enclosure sounds nice. Does she have a hide box in it with plenty of other places to hide? Wood chips arent soo good because they are too dusty and can cause respitory infectoins. You should try 50/50 play sand/potting soil without perlite in it. Ok the list is quite long so I will send it in a different post. Hope all this is of some help.

: Wow, now I feel really bad. Although it's not like I didn't do some research when I got her. There was a website that gave me the info on the mixed veggies. She liked it, so I thought all was good. The calcium is T-Rex 2:1 Calcium/Phosphorus. Her length is 5". At night and on rainy days, I keep her in a 20 gallon tank with a UVB light and hidding box. Her substrate is that stuff they sell for desert reptiles (can't remember the name) Otherwise, she is outside in a 8' X 20' planter box that is up against the house, nothing but weeds and a water dish in there with plenty of wood chips to bury in. It has an overhang. I feed her once a day and have been sprinkling the calcium over her food. Thanks for all of your advice and I would love to get that list from you.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]