kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: why do people feel the need to act like this......

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]

Posted by Mike on June 25, 2002 at 07:18:37:

In Reply to: why do people feel the need to act like this...... posted by danya on June 24, 2002 at 22:57:29:

The Ivory tortoise would be classified as a CINNAMINO. It is dilution factor and an albino gene combination. These animals display the RUBY eyes and a cinnamon overcast color, where the albino displays red eyes and a yellow overcast color. I would hazard a guess that when these Ivory tortoises are bred together, new mutations will arrive. Crossing the Ivory to a true albino, may give rise to the all white or SNOW tortoise, which is another variant albino color combination. There is only one true albino and Ben has it. These other forms, although they are combinations of albino genes with other variant genes are not 100% true albino. It is hard to get an albino from a variant because the genes have fused. They are both valuable new color morphs. Enjoy them both.

: i emailed the man with the "albino sulcata pair" and i asked him why he called them albinos when they weren't truley albino and that many people would agree with that... this is what his response is.... This is an ivory phase ALBINO, hon. It has ruby red pupils and no black on the animal at all. Show me any albino reptile that is completely white! Of course there are differnent shades on the shell. Ben's new albino strain wont be completely white either and will have different shades on the shell as it grows. Ever see albino Cal kings or albino rosy boas? There is the darker ruby eyed phase from LA and the cherry red iris and pupil phase from san Diego. The whitewater albino rosy has dark red pupils and the Lumburg hase has the cherry red iris and pupils BOTH ALBINOS!
: If it whitish, pinkish, lacking black pigment and has dark red pupils or light red pupils- it is an albino. I have been working with all types of albinos in various major zoos with T+ and T- animals along with different strains of albinos and the ivory is a phase of albino if you like it or NOT!!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]