kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Animals Available though Turtle Homes

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]

Posted by Lori Green on June 14, 2002 at 01:08:34:

Turtle Homes has been very busy this season averaging approximately 4 adoption requests daily. Currently we have several animals available. We like to offer animals to new people and these animals are very special.
We have a blind redfoot that will be made available to a special home. This tortoise has special needs so we are not looking for a breeder or someone with a lot of redfoots. We would like someone who has very few turtles or tortoises and is looking for that one special one to love. Right now it is a hatchling. It is active, appears normal in every way. You would not believe it's blind. It has no fear. It was bred by someone with over 15 years of experience and I have promised to find that special place. I have only had it a few days but it is so active it climbs up the sides of the container and flips itself several times a day. You really have to watch it closely. It eats out of your hand and is not shy about it at all. There is no real deformity like I have seen in other redfoots missing eyes.
We have 7 leopard tortoises being offered. Three are considered adopted. There is a large Female that will be made available at the end of the summer. She is an egg layer. I am having some eating troubles with her. Mostly it's bad habit. She is over 15 years old and very smooth. Turtle Homes is it's third home. We are not shipping so it would have to be someone south of New York but north of Georgia due to the humidity. I am traveling south in August so it can be hand delivered. We have several baby leopards that are a few months old. They are healthy and very cute. The former owner has requested a dry, west coast location. We have been given custody of these babies but the prior owner is involved and will give final approval on all adoptions.
There are 2 baby box turtles. I believe one is a 3 toe and one is an eastern but I . They are under a year old. I believe they were born in the fall. They aren't the best eaters. The eastern is very shy and will rarely eat in front of you.
1 large gravid female 3 toed. She has not been the healthiest turtle. Experienced home only. She seems to have an eye infection now. She is being medicated at this time and will be seen by Dr. Barbara Bonner this Saturday. I will not ship her sick. She has laid once for me and I believe she has eggs again now. I will cure the eye infection before she goes to a new home. We have had her for a month but has an unhealthy history. This is probably due to poor conditions that she was found in, Her full history will be given to those interested in adopting her.

We also have several sulcata of assorted sizes available and we are always looking for new homes. Right now there is 2 eight pound ones available and one that is 12 inches, weight unknown.
We are almost at the bottom of the list for diamondbacks. I am currently adopting out 3 and I believe that ends the list of requests for that species. It's a good time to request one.
Like all rescues we have our fair share of sliders available. Please feel free to send us inquiries.
Also we have Kittens, ducks and a 4 foot iguana available. The owner will pay shipping on the iguana.

Adopting from Turtle Homes involves a screening. This is simply sending in an application that can be found on our website. We do require pictures to be sent with the application, a reference and a vet. There are no exceptions under any circumstances. We do not charge any adoption fee. Usually shipping requires the adopter to pay shipping for all species other than sliders.

Lori Green
Director, Turtle Homes

www.turtlehomes.org
PO Box 297
Merrick NY 11566
(516) 623-3079
Eastern Standard Time
Add your link to the Turtle Homes website
http://www.turtlehomes.org/usa/links/link/cgi/index.cgi

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name: