kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Woah....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]

Posted by McDonalds4Life on June 07, 2002 at 13:52:33:

In Reply to: IN................... "One Flew Over The CooCoo's Nest" posted by mike on June 06, 2002 at 23:40:47:

Real live psychopaths. Cool.

As a troll, I think my work was already done for me :(
Sadly, I have lost this battle. Choosing an animal with no self awareness or intillectual/congnitive ability over a child is hard to compete with. A tortoise is a living thing, containing life/breath/chi, making it an object to respect and love as you would your children or your neighbors. It is however, unable to better the world in anyway, and cannot see its fate when death stands over it with a sickle in hand. Comparable to a living rock, a tortoise is irrelevent in the shadow of mankind. Humans are the only species that can destroy the world. True. They are also the only species that can save it. This is why the analogy of "child" was used. A child will decide it's destiny, whether it will destroy, or it will save. A tortoise will do four things, eat, breath, pass food and sleep.

Just one child can grow up to be the savior of nature. The child may be the one who cures your grandmothers cancer, or saves your childs life. This child may be the one to end war, and bring peace to all the nations. Humans are supeior to all other living things, organic to the earth. It is how we use our superiority that is questionable, not the existence thereof.

Now go get yourself a McChicken sandwhich for $.99 at your local golden arches.

Muahahahahahhaaha

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]