kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Aren't you sorry you asked? oops I forgot some..

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]

Posted by wendi on April 26, 2002 at 09:33:06:

In Reply to: Aren't you sorry you asked? posted by wendi on April 25, 2002 at 09:20:09:

Oh yes, I'm planting a fig tree, which is hardy here with winter protection. (we've had one before)

: Right now, all I'm trying to grow in Tofu's area is grass. I planted a basic mix, but I should be getting a couple of special mixes I ordered soon. I'll reseed with those. There is one Aloe plant, which I'm certain she'll devour the moment she has time in there. I bought some acacia seeds which I've planted, but those can take up to a year or so to germinate. If they do, I'll have to bring those in when the weather gets cold too. I didn't need to plant a mulberry tree because we have volunteers we fight all of the time. There is one I've let grow just outside of her pen, so I'll just pick leaves for her. She'll eat almost anything offered, so I know she'll eat the hibiscus, flowers and leaves, and the mulberry leaves. I also did some research (yes, anal is my middle name) and bought some ornamental grasses. They haven't arrived yet, but I hope she won't eat those too much if I let them get established first. In general, she doesn't eat stuff that's very tall. I planted the hibiscus in a pot which we'll move to her run as soon as the weather is more constantly warm. I'm also trying to grow cactus from seed, but if it sprouts, I'll have to protect Tofu from it and feed it to her after despining it. I think that's it. At least that's all I can think of right now. Oh I did have a couple of Kalenchoe (sp?) but I'm taking those out because I've heard mixed things about them. I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]