kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Well...said..........

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]

Posted by nathan on April 26, 2002 at 07:10:58:

In Reply to: Re: Well...said.......... posted by Georgia on April 25, 2002 at 22:40:10:

Dogs are pack animals, you shouldn't leave them out by themselves. A tortoise lives as a solitary animal, so I wouldn't use that comparison. Not that I don't agree with your general point, though. I don't see much problem with some interaction with a pet of most types. I avoid intrusions like picking them up and such unless they are necessary, but will still go out and sit and watch them, occasionally hand them food by hand. This way I get whatever it is I get from them, watching and enjoying, and they don't have to deal with stress they don't have to get for necessary reason. I wouldn't needlessly handle a reptile, though. I have many boxies, some hide when they see a person. Others sit and watch, going about their own business unbothered, and still others come follow me around, stick their heads in whatever I'm doing, and are pretty silly, nosey turtles. My wood turtles try to follow me everywhere, moving around the inside walls of their enclosure to try and come to follow me. Our baby boxies are pretty much neutral. They'll sit in their tank (they stay in until they are too big to be easy birdfood) and watch us from inside sometimes. It'll occasionally feel like we are the show and they are the keepers.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]