kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: You must be joking

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]

Posted by cliff on April 24, 2002 at 12:28:10:

In Reply to: Re: You must be joking posted by Theresa on April 24, 2002 at 08:00:11:

: Niki is the most caring and loving owner of her "baby" and she would never in a million years put him at risk. I personally transport my two in the same way, only in the back of my SUV not the family minivan! They LOVE going to aunties house to roam her back 40!! (sorry, her large large wild somewhat overgrown back yard) and my cousins (a few are under 10) love watching them roam and chase away any thing that could possibly bother them (a finch, squirrl, etc) i have no qualms about leaving them with "tortysitters" when i have to work long days in the summer and can not leave them unsupervised outside. How do YOU suggest i handle that? My babies have been raised with as much of there natural instincts-surroundings-diet etc as possible. I believe you are correct on that part, but when they are raised with as much human interaction as mine have been , then i believe it is ok.
: theresa
: side note: If you believe that we should only have them in there natural habitat, why is any one allowed to keep any animal as a pet?

i agree with chris your tortoise belongs in the back yard safe not in a van going to where ever,
your tortoise does not belong on your hip being
carried around a baby. trust me something is will happen to make you wish you had heeded our advice. not trying to start something just speaking from experience. cliff

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]