kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

I'm confused

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]

Posted by wendi on April 20, 2002 at 09:40:59:

In Reply to: Re: regarding Sulcatas... posted by Terry on April 20, 2002 at 00:26:15:

I'm honestly not questioning your decision. It sounds like you didn't make it lightly and did everything you could before deciding to give them up. Anyway my question is, how can you spend so much on food? Tofu's 14" and I don't spend hardly anything on food for her. In the winter, she eats hay...goes through 3lbs in maybe 3 wks. That's using it as substrate for her indoor enclosure and as a large part of her winter diet. Except when there is snow on the ground, I do continue to give her grass from the yard which you can't do, but even if I do give her produce (I try to keep her mainly on grass, weeds, and hay)she doesn't go through more than one bunch of mustard greens per week. I feed her every other day through the winter. In spring she eats every day, through grazing, and in the summer and fall, I try to only let her graze for her meals...with the supplement of hay. (I do pull grass so I can give her her supplements, but not more than a handful) What do you feed your torts?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]