kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

This is sad!.. Please Read.. Need Help

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]

Posted by Chase on April 11, 2002 at 08:28:40:

Okay, so I go to my friend Blair's house to pick up a few things for one of my classes... I notice she has an aquarium with Red Ear Sliders... I used to have 3 of them years ago.. I just bought a big plastic kiddy pool and had a big rock in the middle of it. I would buy little feeder minnows (spelling?) from the pet store and they ate those beautifully. When I moved off to college, I set them free in our neighborhood pond (that's where I caught them anyways, save for the one I found on the golf course). They thrive down here in Texas, so outside weather is perfect... anyways....I look in her aquarium and I see this little Stone turtle figurine. I asked how many turtles she had in there and she replied, "two". I only saw one, and it was about the size of a quarter (no lie, I didn't think they came that small). I was wondering where the other one was... I grabbed a hold of the little turtle statue thing and tried to pick it up. Well.. when I did, it made a sound like tape being peeled off of skin, it was HORRIBLE. The statue wasn't a statue afterall.. but a dead baby slider. I was so grossed out. There's no telling how long that poor little thing sat there. With closer inspection, you could see the completely dehydrated body. When I informed her of what it was,she played stupid and said that she "saw it moving a few weeks ago". I was pissed and demanded that she give me the other slider. She agreed, so I have to go pick it up today.. anyways... main concern is that I want to keep this little guy outside on my patio in another little pool thingy, but there are raccoons that live around here.... will the racoon try to eat him? Also.. this thing is about the size of a quarter, she's had it for a year and said that it hasn't ever grown... odd huh? I'd love to hear any suggestions, comments, or opinions that you have on this. Sorry this is so long, but I'm concerned.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]