kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Thanks for the congratulations ...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]

Posted by Lisa and Virgil on April 08, 2002 at 08:40:19:

In Reply to: Re: If they are the same length and age . . . posted by Esther on April 08, 2002 at 08:14:17:

: I remember a vet I had who said that a baby sulcata of that age should feel like they are full of water (in terms of describing their weiight; not ACTUALLY full of water). It sounds like little Virgil is getting fat and happy, on his way to being gargantuan like his other brothers soon! Congratulations on the doggie prizes; you do a great job showing your babies (and thanks for explaining to me the difference in rosettes vs ribbons last year)!! I bet you loved that movie "Best in Show."

: Thank you again for Thomas' little green tortoise outfit. He looked SO cute in it. One day, when I'm not living at the hospital, I'll post a picture of him in it!!

: My best to Virgil, you, and your other babies!!

: Esther
: : :
: : : Wow 232 grams, Hoku wins the prize for the smallest year and a half old sulcata then, he only Weighs 145 grams.
: : : He is growing and putting on weight though, allbeit very slowly.
: : : But he's only gained around 100 grams in a year.

: : what do you think is the big difference in weight. When I pick Virgil up I can really feel that he is there. I guess I'd describe it as waterlogged. Do you think Hoku weighed more before his attack and lost more than you would expect? Do you think Virgil has a tumor? Ugh! What a thought. Just kidding. I hope. I was very glad to read that Hoku is so much improved.

I posted for you a little further down the page a copule of days ago. Didn't know if you saw it.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]