kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Update on baby Sulcatta and a few concerns

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]

Posted by Curt and Kelly on January 17, 2002 at 20:54:03:

In Reply to: Update on baby Sulcatta and a few concerns posted by Curt and Kelly on January 16, 2002 at 17:52:49:

First off …… I want to thank everyone for their suggestions. Here is what I did. I got bored today and ripped up to the store. I looked at about 100 different Rubbermaid tubs. I didn’t really find what I wanted. They had a bunch of tubs that had a lot of depth but I couldn’t find one that was large in length and width. I found one that was ok ….. It was 9 bucks so I bought it. It is 13 inches wide, 31 inches long, and 12 inches high. It’s smaller than her glass home. Since I have cats and they want to eat Jasmine, I needed a top. I found a cheap shelf that is a kind of a bunch of bars that fit perfectly over the tub so I bought it. I figured if it didn’t work …… I still have a shelf and a tub I can find some use for. I brought if home and I drilled some holes in the tub and tied ropes on shelf so it kind of works as a hinge. I also drilled some holes in the sides of the tub for more air. I hooked up the lights and monitored the temp. It was getting to 86 in the hot zone and 77 in the cool zone. Not really what I wanted. I don’t think the tub is big enough to have a hot and cool zone. I really didn’t get to see how Jasmine reacted to her new home. I put her in … she ate the rest of her food ….. and then it was bedtime. I guess I’ll find out tomorrow if she likes it. So does everyone recommend she stays in the tub rather than the tank? Either way we are going to keep her in there until the first week of February. We have some time off so we are going to build a large wood home where Jasmine should be happy. I’m a designer so I’m going to draw something up. So is she better off in the smaller, cooler, better ventilated tub for now?

P.S.
Marrisa….. Thanks for the info on the shell …. I was worried.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]