kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

OK, so how do YOU do the flushes.....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]

Posted by SHANNON on January 14, 2002 at 05:13:05:

In Reply to: Two quick things. posted by Justin on January 13, 2002 at 18:04:44:

: : If I charge a client I would want to have treated the animal to the best of my ability with whatever budget the client has available and is prepared to pay. Some clients (? most) would presumably like to see the agent eliminated - not stuff squirted up nostrils that we know doesnt really work. Thats why they bother coming to our clinic. They would be pretty "pissed" with me if I falsely pretended that stuff up the nose is good value for money. It might be the best available and most practical in some cases. I though you guys would want the best for sick chelonians... why settle for second best and ignore that better exists? My approach isnt expensive! Unless you only want to spend $10 to treat a $400 sick tortoise that is dreadfully rare.

: At least your truthful, more money equals better care. You failed to point out the risks associated with other forms of treatment, I assume this wasn't purposeful.

: Secondly, not once have you asked how the flushes are performed, you simply assume that you know. I never said anything about squirting flush up the nose, now did I, and there the answer lies.

I'm only iterested becos a nasal flush sounds to be like Squirting fluid up the nose openings.
SHANNON

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]