kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: You may not get bored, but..

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]

Posted by Lacy Stonebraker on January 13, 2002 at 22:09:25:

In Reply to: You may not get bored, but.. posted by Zab on January 13, 2002 at 17:47:55:

Yes, I have thought about college. Although my mom helps me out with building their outside pens and other things, she said she won't take care of them by her self (and Frankly, I don't blame her.. It gets hectic caring for that many turtles especially when I have rifle practice, Honor Society, keeping up my straight A's, restoring my 1965 Chevy Impala, and the daily chores that I have to do at home.) I plan on keeping them till they die of old age (or untill I go first.) The turtles are my responsibility and I'm not one to just leave a job undone. I knew how long they can live long before I got my first turt. I have already decided to take them into consideration with any decision I make in the future. I plan on living at home when I go to college. I'll probally go to OSU or another Univ. that I can get into that's fairly close. (I'm not too worried about it, I know I'll get in :) !)That way I don't have to move them around and I can still take care of them. I understand that you're concerned for the turtles, (I probably would have written the same response had it been the other way around) but I take very good care of them and I don't want you to think that just because I'm 17 I am not as responsible as an adult with my animals.

--Lacy

: You are 17 and that means in the next year or two it's off to the university for you. It's not fair to you torts (or your parents) to be acquiring so many when their care will be undetermined within a short period of time. 4 years of college is hard on a tort. They can't read you know.
: Zab

: : Hi Every one!
: : I would like to know what kind of tortoise I could get that would like the climate that I live in.. It doesn't get very humid here. Just every once in a while.
: : I live in Moore, OK (right below Oklahoma City)
: : Our springs are usually on the warm side, our summers are usually hot, and our winters (of course) are very cold. I have 7 adult box turtles that are hibernating outside right now. I also have 3 different species of aquatic turtles, and NINE baby boxies that are in a tank in my room (yeah, I know, that's a lot!) I LOVE taking care of turtles! They are so cute and fun to have. Anyways, I just wanted you to know that I'm not some rookie turtle-lover that's going to get bored with them and ditch my tortoise/turtles. I have been looking at Sulcutta's, and Red Foot's, and especially leopard tortoises. But really, any kind of tortoise would do. (oh yeah, price IS an issue though. I'm only 17!)
: : I would also appreciate any info about any tortoise you would suggest. (i.e. how big they get, how long it takes, what they eat, and what kind of enclosure they will need..) I have already been looking that stuff up, but it's all basically the same thing and not very informative, I just want to make sure I can give it the best of care!

: : Sorry so long!! Thanks for your help!!

: : --Lacy

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]